Thursday 19 June 2008

Ramsgate Parish Council

Meandering through the local blogs this morning I noticed Mike Harrison getting hot under the collar, about Gerry O’Donnell getting hot under the collar, about Ramsgate town council. Click here to see what I mean.

Well as Mike has directed people to some posts that I did back in May I thought to make it easier for anyone looking for them so click here to read them.

The word on the street is that many councillors of both main parties are not to keen on Ramsgate having a parish council and that TDC are now aiming to put our parish council elections off until 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I think I should be the first to point out to Gerry on your blog that Dave Green was elected to TDC in 1999 which is nine years ago not thirteen as he stated in the local paper.
    I hope his maths are going to be a little bit better when quoting parish council figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what the point of a Town Council is in this case, which looks pretty much like another layer of bureaucracy on top of the local government cake.

    Im sure all mean well in the creation of this but at some point the question does need to be posed, is it really worth it? If TDC isnt getting its priorities right then stand for election. At what point does this dissemination of power stop? Will we be having complaints that the future Ramsgate Parish Council is ignoring the causes of certain parts of Ramsgate and campaigns are started for another Council for individual wards?

    Too many cogs can lead to a jam.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.