Friday 25 July 2008

The Crack in the Eastcliff


The picture shows the part of the cliff façade that remains unrepaired and on and off I have tried to find out how the work is going, as it was supposed to be all finished by now I expect it is something fairly serious and may wind costing us all a fair amount of money.

The survey that was undertaken in 2005 mentions horizontal movement both at the level of the crack and at the base in this part of the cliff façade so I imagine this bit will either need rebuilt or anchored to the chalk behind.

I have also noticed that they seem reluctant to expose the foundations, probably because the only place where they have exposed them they appear to be no existent.
So if anyone knows what’s going on please let me know?

1 comment:

  1. Can't answer your question Michael but if this crack means further delays for the Royal Sands development I will be the first to cheer - who in their right minds would want to buy a flat there if there was the risk of a great lump of cliff or concrete coming through the ceiling at any moment?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.