Friday 1 August 2008

Council makes a splash

The other day Zumi (link on sidebar) posted about the peculiar way the council polices the people who dive into the harbour, so I went and had a look.

It really is the most ridiculous waste of money presumably something to do with compensation culture although I don’t know for sure. Two security guards are employed to man a temporary barrier, the object being to prevent people passing who are likely to dive of the fish loading quay into the harbour. It is an impossible job the upshot being that the people are still diving off the quay and we are funding two security guards to ask people if they are going to dive into the harbour, the people just say no and then go and dive in full view of the guards.

2 comments:

  1. Makes you sick doesn't it, like you said on Zumi it would make more sense to employ a life guard and let the kids do what kids have been doing since the pier was built. They might then grow up respecting authority rather than seeing it as a killjoy.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say sod it, leave them to it. They should know the dangers of what they are doing. If they break their legs doing it, good. It means one less idiot walking the streets of Thanet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.