Thursday 14 August 2008

Mr W C Lavatory makes us spend a penny or more

I have just come back from taking the children to Ramsgate main sands where I had a long chat with the concessionaire who runs the children’s rides on the beach, another person very disenchanted with Thanet District Council.

He told me that the council are installing turnstiles to make people pay to use the main sands toilets, this work is being done at considerable expense and one wonders if the money will ever be recovered.

Well this year I have begged the councillors to invest a small amount of money to make the Pleasurama site available for leisure, I have to admit the only councillor who had the courtesy to reply was Sandy Ezekiel, who said he had tried and failed because of the dangers of the work going on down there.

So the only investment being made down there seems to be something to put tourists off using the main sands, or perhaps encourage them to use the main sands as a toilet.

Oddly enough I can’t find any record of this decision in the councils documentation library online, I can only imagine this is to get the main sands inline with the lorry drivers toilet that the western undercliff beach has become.

1 comment:

  1. Slightly OT: I went to the Pegwell Bay area where the Viking Ship is on display a few days ago, & was absolutely APPALLED at the state of the toilets there, they clearly hadn't been cleaned in YEARS!!! Are TDC responsible for these too?

    Laughingly, T.D.C.'s big "selling point" last year in trying to persuade naturists to use Pegwell Bay instead of Botany Bay was the toilet facilities, but I think it's safer & cleaner to go outdoors than in these cess pits...

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.