Friday 2 January 2009

Conditional discharge over dog fouling

Thanet district Council press release

A Kingsgate woman has been given a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay costs of more than £240, after being found guilty of allowing her dog to foul.

Christine Huggan of George Hill Road, Kingsgate was seen by a council warden on the recreation area in Palm Bay, Cliftonville, outside the primary school, in April 2008.

After her dog fouled, she failed to pick up after it and the warden approached her. She refused to take the Fixed Penalty Notice and the police were called and obtained her details.

The case went before Magistrates on Friday (19 December) and Mrs. Huggan was given a conditional discharge for 12 months and ordered to pay costs of £242.19 within 28 days.

Cllr. Shirley Tomlinson, Cabinet Member for Commercial and Environmental Services, said: “The council has made it clear that it will not tolerate people who fail to pick up after their dogs. It’s a disgusting problem that the public want us to tackle. It’s something that people regularly complain about at PACT meetings and that’s why we’re taking a zero tolerance approach to this problem. There’s no excuse for not picking up after your dog and the message from the council is simple. Don’t give your dog a bad name, pick up after them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.