Saturday 21 March 2009

Conservative Policy For Charities

Laura Sandys press release

More Secured Funding, More Flexibility and More Control
Conservative Policies for the Voluntary Sector

At a meeting of Thanet’s voluntary groups, Nick Hurd MP, Shadow Minister for Charities and the Voluntary Sector, shared with the group the Conservative policy to support charities and volunteers.

“We must support our voluntary sector more effectively by listening to them about the support they need. Today charities are expected to look and act more like Government departments than the community based volunteering organisations that they were set up to be. We are proposing clear policies on providing 3 year funding contracts to give the sector much greater certainty for funds. We want to ensure that grants measure results not tick box processes from Whitehall and we want to ensure that voluntary groups have the freedoms to serve the community as they see fit.” Said Nick Hurd at the meeting in Ramsgate.

“I was thrilled that Nick was able to come and meet with the very strong voluntary sector that we have in Thanet and know that his thoughts and future policies will be informed by what he heard”, said Laura Sandys Conservative Parliamentary candidate for South Thanet.

If you have any thoughts on how Conservative policy could support the voluntary sector more effectively please do email on laura@telllaura.org.uk so that your ideas and your thoughts can make a difference to Conservative policy. for the full White Paper for Charities and Voluntary Groups please also email me on laura@telllaura.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.