Sunday 1 March 2009

Practical advice for Thanet and Sandwich’s homeowners as repossessions soar

Laura Sandys press release

Laura Sandys, South Thanet and Sandwich’s Conservative Candidate has launched a Repossession Advice Pack with practical advice for homeowners worried about meeting their mortgage repayments. “As an area that has been badly exposed from sub-prime lending we are particularly vulnerable to repossessions,” said Laura. “We need to provide as much support as possible to keep people in their homes and I hope that this advice pack will be helpful in supporting families during these difficult times.”

The Pack gives step-by-step advice to households who fear that they may not be able to keep up their monthly mortgage payments, and tells people how to avoid making their situation worse. It can be downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/housingadvice (PDF file).

This new Conservative initiative comes as the latest official Government statistics show a large increase in mortgage repossession orders being made by the courts – with 313 being issued across the country every single day.

“As the recession bites and the number of repossessions soar, there are thousands of people across Thanet and Sandwich who are worried about paying their mortgage. I hope this advice pack will provide them with some practical help and support.”

if there is any specific issue relating to repossessions that you pesonally have please do contact me on laura@sandys.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.