Wednesday 25 March 2009

TAKE THE GREAT EGG CASE HUNT

Thanet district Council press release

Hunting for clues of marine life, holiday rambles and hands on explorations of rocks and fossils are just some of the fun ways for young people to find out more about Thanet's unique coastline this Easter.

As part of the Easter Blast set of activities taking place during the school holidays, the Thanet Coast Project will be leading a series of Great Egg Case Hunts, looking along the tideline for evidence of sea creatures washed ashore.

There will also be the opportunity to create marine masterpieces with beach art and plaster casting in the sand, with the help of artists from Art for All.

Funded by the Big Lottery, the event is part of the Thanet Coast Project's Beach Play school holiday activities. There are three Great Egg Case Hunts taking place:

Monday 6 April between 2pm and 4pm at West Bay, Westgate.
Wednesday 8 April between 2pm and 4pm at Ramsgate Main Sands.
Thursday 9 April between 10am and 12pm at Margate Main Sands.

Naomi Biggs, Thanet Coast Project Education Officer, said: "The Great Egg Case Hunt has become one of our regular events over the years and is always a huge draw for all ages. It's a great way of finding out more about our coastline and the unique marine wildlife that we have here. You never know what you'll find on the Great Egg Case Hunt, as there's always plenty to discover out on our beautiful beaches and bays. I'm really excited this year to have Art for All involved running new art creative activities using the beach as a natural canvas!"

Children must be accompanied by at least one adult and everyone attending should wear suitable clothing and shoes for the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.