Monday 20 April 2009

Trains and Planes

I managed to get to Ellington Park for some pictures if the miniature trains, while I was there a plane came over fairly low and managed to get a few pictures of that too not very good as I was shooting into the sun and there were a lot of trees in the way.

18 to 55 mm zoom on a 35 mm camera to give you some idea i.e. zoomed right in it’s about a standard camera lens on a cheap camera that doesn’t have zoom.

It does help to illustrate that these planes fly fairly low over the town I am afraid that very seldom have a camera in hand when they come over, but I will endeavour to get some better ones.

Click here for the pictures I will endeavour to go through and delete the worst of them sometime.

Below the train timetable.
Proposed Running for 2009 - RADMEC
Date Venue Event
12-Apr-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
13-Apr-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
19-Apr-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
25-Apr-2009 Perimont Hall Hobbies & Past Time Exhibition
26-Apr-2009 Perimont Hall Hobbies & Past Time Exhibition
3-Ma -2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
4-May-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
17-May-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
24-May-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
25-Ma -2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
7-Jun-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
21-Jun-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
5-Jul-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
11-Jul-2009 Quexpo Steam Fair
12-Jul-2009 Quexpo Steam Fair
15-Jul-2009 Ellington Park EIlin ton Infants School
19-Jul-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
25-Jul-2009 Chilli Farm Count Fair
26-JuI-2009 Chilli Farm Count Fair
2-Au -2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
16-Au -2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
30-Au -2009 Lions Club Lions Event
31-Au -2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides
13-Sep-2009 Ellington Park Club - Public Rides

Note: -Club - Public Rides’ events at Ellington Park are open to all members of the public for Train Rides at our club track. All dates weather permitting.

2 comments:

  1. Does the Cuncil still charge the railway club an exorbitant rental on the line in Ellington Park? My children used to love the trains, but they stopped using the park for years because of the stupid costs imposed by TDC. I'm assuming that this situation has now been resolved through the application of some common sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the council still charge a high rent, but give a grant to pay for it. That way they can tick two boxes instead of none!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.