Monday 18 May 2009

MINI OP CLEANS UP IN CLIFTONVILLE

Thanet district Council press release

A second mini Operation Clean Sweep has been held in a Cliftonville road, which has uncovered a number of housing problems.

The one day operation, held last week (Thursday 14 May) in Harold Road, involved council officers from the Renewal Area team, waste and recycling, housing and community safety, with help from Kent Police, the UK Border Agency and Kent Fire and Rescue Service.

During their investigations, the group found some flats which had no heating, others which were overcrowded and some illegal occupation.

Renewal Area Officer, Dave Farmer, said: "Our second mini Clean Sweep proved to be exceptionally useful. As well as uncovering a number of problems that we can now deal with, it also provided all the organisations involved with some good intelligence that they can use in the future. It's something that we intend to continue with, with the next mini Clean Sweep due to take place somewhere in the Cliftonville area in the next few weeks."

1 comment:

  1. Thought this referred to clean up in Northdown Rd after fire as the road has been shut all day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.