Friday 22 May 2009

WATCHDOG HIGHLIGHTS ACHIEVEMENTS

Thanet district Council press release

The watchdog body of Thanet District Council has been highlighting its achievements over the last year, which have made a "major impact" on the council's activities.

The Overview and Scrutiny annual report was presented last night (Thursday 21 May) to the Annual Council meeting. It describes one of the Panel's major highlights as the role played by their Asset Management Working Party in developing and implementing a transparent and accountable system for disposing of council assets.

Also highlighted is the "significant work" carried out by the Airport Working Party, who developed the council's response to Kent International Airport's Draft Master Plan. The Working Party are described as laying "the firm foundation for developing a balanced plan" and are praised for their part in the initial consultation process over the document.

Other working parties have undertaken reviews of the council's budget, vision and its Medium Term Financial Strategy, which sets out the council's financial plans over the next xx years. It is hoped that this group will be able to play a part in budget setting for 2010/11.

Other plans for the forthcoming year include the possibility of undertaking scrutiny of issues outside of the council. In other areas of the country, this has included scrutinising the work of partner organisations, including the NHS and police.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.