Saturday 7 August 2010

Hartlepool 1,000,000+ visitors Ramsgate 0 visitors from Tall Ships

Here is the BBC news article on their website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-10902082 and I suppose most people saw it on the news item about it this morning.

Lots of pictures of previous Tall Ships visits to Ramsgate the link takes you to the blog posts with the links with the pictures http://thanetonline.blogspot.com/search/label/Tall%20Ships

I suppose what this is all about is the way Ramsgate Harbour was allowed to fall apart during the good economic times.

To have reached the point where we are now in a very difficult economic situation with very little or no money and to have had to turn down what the BBC is calling the biggest free event in Europe is a pretty sorry situation.

The Main part of this is about dredging and communication with the council about it, despite there having been evident signs of dredging in the harbour that now seem to have stopped, the Tall Ships are not coming to Ramsgate.

There are obvious questions here, the first being, has enough dredging been done so that they could have come? Another is, is the dredging finished?

Like so many things the problem here is getting information from the council about what is actually going to be done, before work starts and then when whatever has been done is finished finding out from them if the work is fit for purpose.
We are in the first situation with the pavillion and the second with Pleasurama cliff façade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.