Tuesday 13 December 2011

One view of the Thanet blogs


The whole Thanet blogging scene like the Thanet political scene is on the change so I have updated http://thanetblogs.blogspot.com/ adding Will Scobie’s blog and Ville Views blog to the site.

The idea of http://thanetblogs.blogspot.com/ is to be able to keep up with the comment as well as the posts on the main Thanet blogs, it’s very much an old fashioned, seat of the pants no frills computing site, lifting the info very quickly from the other sites.

I find it particularly useful when using an internet phone to keep up with the local dialogue.

Still on the computing front, do you reckon you could tell a phishing site from a real one, try the quiz at http://www.opendns.com/phishing-quiz/ I got two wrong, although this was because I was a bit over cautious.

Anyone recognise the picture above and what’s happened?


The answer shown in the picture above, if you look carefully at the first picture the one at the top of the post, you will see this lump had become detached at the bottom where someone has driven into it.

Amazing design a concrete lump too low to see at the end of disabled parking spaces, perhaps the disabled drivers bumping into them is some sort of Turnip Prize exhibit.

5 comments:

  1. Big thanks for adding me and thanks to Peter for the recommendation. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'm pretty stumped by the photo. I'm guessing the white lines are significant ? Maybe a bus stop seat or something similar ?? No idea where though ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, you still haven't told us about the photo, I don't think anyone is going to guess it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, the answer is in the post above, now.

    I really didn’t think it was a difficult one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, it's in Margate - that'll be why I didn't get it then !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.