Tuesday 7 February 2012

Jonny Dunhill, proprietor of Eddie Gilbert's, died this morning


Sad news He'd been diagnosed with liver cancer in the summer.
 
He leaves 3 young children


The rest of the pictures of Jonny are here http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop2/id4.htm taken 29th November 2009, I remember he was particularly pleased with them.


I have added the following.



  • Dear All,


    Forgive the impersonal nature of this e-mail but I am concerned to give you as much notice as possible of plans for Jonny's funeral, which will take place in and around Ramsgate in Thanet on the 14th February.

    A funeral Mass will be held at St Ethelbert's Church, 70 Hereson Road,Ramsgate CT117DS starting promptly at 11:30am. We will then make a short visit to Thanet Crematoriam, Manston Road, Margate CT9 4LY, at around 12:40 for the committal before returning to Eddie Gilberts, (Jonny's restaurant) at 32 King Street, CT11 8NT for refreshments.

    It would be very helpful if you could let us know, by replying to this message, if you are planning to come so that we can plan the catering.

    No flowers please but should you wish to make a donation, please send to the Pilgrims Hospice in Margate, http://www.pilgrimshospices.org/. Alternatively you can leave your donation with the Funeral Director, H.R. Palmer,30 Hardres Street, Ramsgate, CT11 8QF; telephone 01843 592720.

    Parking by the Church: there are some spaces available opposite the Church. If these are taken try Thanet Road, opposite the entrance of the Church.
    Parking by Eddie Gilberts: There are a limited number of Pay and Display spaces on King Street and round the corner going up Broad Street. There is also a 200 space car park on Staffordshire Street. This is reached from Hardres Street, two streets up from King Street.

    Wish best wishes to you all, 

3 comments:

  1. How awful, he seemed like a nice chap...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been thinking on and off about Jonny in the last couple of weeks, wondering how he was. Last spoke to him when he was living in London and was just about to buy a place in Deal.

    I was just checking out Whistable and an image of Oysters came up, I immediately googled Jonny Dunhill. What a surprise, such a lovely guy.

    Jane, Brighton

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.