Thursday 20 September 2012

Turner Contemporary Margate Not Just a Load of Old Rope


This weekend sees the end of the turner contemporary’s period of eroticism, there is already a sense that things are getting floppier.

This Sunday will be the last day of Tracey Emin’s exhibition “She Lay Down Beneath…” and it will be your last chance to see some of Turner’s erotic sketches that Ruskin failed to ignite.

The Kiss has gawn and there is an exhibition called “Tempo para Respirar” in front of the widow where the mirrors and stripes were, so not the Paris Metro of the 60s but something ropey and psychedelic, it would seem.

I have been out and about today, my day off, and I have been trying to learn to use the camera on my new smart phone, so here is the link to the pictures I took with it http://michaelsbookshop.com/laptop912/id5.htm  

Apologies for the pictures being all muddled up, I forgot to put them into order before I copied and pasted the the contents of the file on to the internet.

As you can see from the watercolour at the top of the post, you are unlikely to find my artwork on display at the gallery.  

1 comment:

  1. Michael phone Victoria Pomeroy I am sure you can exhibit . I am going to have a look at the nnew stuff this week. I must say I rather liked the Emin Show there was something about it the nievity the innocence of the artwork. I loved the Union Jack in a Bath very strong.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.