Thursday 25 October 2012

Day off Ramble, the new exhibition at The Turner Contemporary and me trying to improve this blog.

 Margate today and first the Platform Program in The Clore Learning Studio (the large room at the top of the stairs with the huge window overlooking the sea)
 The bumph about this new exhibition is on the gallery’s website at http://www.turnercontemporary.org/exhibitions/platform-graduate-showcase-2012
 The idea here is to showcase the work of art students sudying in East Kent
 I am struggling a bit I have to admit to get a lot more in the way of images and video into my blog posts.
 the idea being to give a bit more for the people who read this blog a lot.
 I am using an art gallery posting as these seem to generate the least interest on the blog
 fewest comments and the lowest number of visits.
 fortunately photography is allowed int this exhibition and i used the camera in my mobile phone.
I also added this very short video panning around the exhibition.

 these small low definition videos made whit a mobile phone are very quich to upload and i think ideal for blogging.


 Personally I am not yet sure what to make of this exhibition, as I have said before I am a slow thinker when it comes to art, or something that could be art.
 so I am reserving any aesthetic opinion here, probably until I get a chance to go back to Margate and look at it again.
 I did have another look at the Alex Katz exhibition but unfortunately photography isn't allowed in the exhibition.
anyway a bit of an experimental theme to today's post.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.