Monday 1 October 2012

Pinch and a punch it’s the first of the month, Thanet blog chart and a few pictures of the funfair on the Dreamland site in Margate, plus a ramble and apology to the council.


It’s that time of the month again and for the aspiring local blogger here is the link to the referral statistics for this blog http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/1012/ For those of who don’t understand this, it is a list of the number of people who came to this blog by clicking on a link on another website, so is a rough guide to how popular that website is.

What with the inclement weather and many other commitments I didn’t get to taking my children to the fait on the Dreamland site until the last day, which was yesterday, here is the link to a few pictures I too of the funfair http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/1012/id2.htm

Next the egg on my face, the first picture on the previous post is of a yacht aground in the inner basin of Ramsgate Harbour, I naturally assumed that it had encountered the too shallow water while manoeuvring in the harbour.

The truth is different and was relayed to my by one of the younger salty sea dogs. Apparently during some sort of crisis in the engine room one of the crew inadvertently opened the seacock, this is nothing do with frigging in the rigging but a large tap on the bottom of the boat that lets the sea in. Once the sea was flooding in and the yacht began to sink a mayday message was sent to the port authorities who promptly lowered the level in the inner basin.

I may ramble on here if I get a chance…..  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, for the first time ever Naked in Thanet is Top of the Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incidentally, apparently tomorrow is the last ever issue of The Thanet Times! I'll be sorry to see them go (they've been good to me in the past).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter congratulations and thanks for the information about the Times, I will do some research and a blog post about its demise

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was mentioned on the Gazette Facebook group this morning:

    https://www.facebook.com/thanetgroup?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is ECR still doing well in your list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? His blog is still there, and obviously comes up in many search results.

      Delete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.