Sunday 2 December 2012

MacDonald’s for greasy old men, a Sunday ramble and a few tips on surviving the modern world.


Once again I have been savouring the wonderful world of shopping, it is at this time of year I have to admit to wistful thoughts about being gay, in my family I am totally outnumbered by the fairer sex.

Westwood Cross is undoubtedly a fantastic place, although the phantasy it engenders in me tend towards ingénues that suddenly develop long sharp teeth, or who play tunes that make all the sailors jump ship.

A relatively short time watching the great glass elevaror in Primark and I wandered off to survey the artist’s materials in Hobbycraft, with a view to a later online purchase.

One of the wonderful things about having children is that periodically one has no option but to visit MacDonald’s, this process, children coating themselves – internally and externally – with grease, inhaling balloon helium to produce the reciprocal of THE VOICE and so on takes about an hour.

I order burger and chips black coffee and the sachets of real milk they keep in fridge, for mediocre tea, grab a large amount of tissues and find a seat looking into the eatery.

I then eat the burger and chips leaving my hands coated in grease, spill some of the coffee on the table and use it and the tissues to remove the grease from my hands, add the milk to the rest and sketch the inside of the eatery while drinking the coffee. Their coffee is much better than one would expect keeps hot in the cardboard cup for ages, the only danger being using the UHT mil provided. 

Meanwhile back at the ranch – on the other hand four fingers and a thumb – out in The Range you can buy original paintings, very well executed – presumably by oriental children, which while all being the same are also different.

I once thought I would always prefer having a picture on the wall that was a less good original, than a print of a masterwork, now I am not so sure.   

It certainly gives rise in me to a few thoughts about what art may be, I would have said painted by hand on canvas with acrylic paint and looking reasonably attractive qualified up until today.


There may be added rambling later on.   

2 comments:

  1. I like a Mcdonalds every now and again but I cant stand WX

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really fantastic ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some fastidious factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.
    Take a look at my blog post ; medi-weightloss clinics

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.