Thursday 10 April 2014

Watercolour painting of The Turner Contemporary gallery in Margate

This is a pen and watercolour sketch of The Turner Contemporary art gallery in Margate.


I hope I managed to capture it fairly well and got most of the lines going in the right direction, there is no way back with pen, once the lines are done they remain done.


The only way to get a seat in the right place was to spend £1.60 on a cup of tea which seemed a bit steep to me.


I haven’t really mastered trying to draw places from photographs yet, the problem is not so much not being able to do it, but that the part of me that does the painting and drawing just doesn’t seem to want to bother for copying a photo.


I had another look at the various exhibitions on in the gallery, all I can say is that there are a few, very few turners there that I really like on display there at the moment, particularly one looking down on Rome with a tree in the foreground.


I also took a few photos of the gallery from the outside.  


9 comments:

  1. Testing, Testing, Testing. Loud and clear, over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duncan reading you 5's how me over.

    KK CY KK (does anyone remember that one?) SMOW FGPLC QSSGX XVPLA RLDVX

    I detect here a wonderful opportunity for a bath in nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could this be Broadsword calling Danny Boy day or are we back to Able Baker etc? Mil5 sitrep over, Mil5 November tango romeo out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie Charlie Sally Bash

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADHD DLA PIP OTT IDS ESA PCC OTR PMQ IRA UDA GFA JFK JR MIT RBL TDC UFO TT BTW CO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliet Hotel to Red Leader, still no reply from Duncan. Suspect he has ditched in Margate Harbour. Request you send Papa Charlie velocipede to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lima T Papa,

    Roger, willdo assiduously.

    Seriously, thank you for introducing me to Slim Dusty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.