Sunday 27 July 2014

A watercolour and pen sketch of Broadstairs Pier this afternoon a problem with the little people and the long shed?

 This watercolour and pen sketch of Broadstairs Pier suffered a few problems of scale, it may have been the very hot night meaning that I am a bit bleary today, or it may be related to nerves generated by sketching among so many people.
 I have only been doing a lot of field sketching outside in high profile busy places for a relatively short period of time.

I think doing the people on the pier in pen and watercolour and doing the people in the sea in just watercolour may have been a mistake too.

The is it sea or sky thing, no horizon was bordering on an experiment.  
 Sandwich, coffee and view for a bit over £5 at Chiappinis which I think collectively were worth it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.