Saturday 28 March 2015

A few pen and ink sketches of Broadstairs today.

I have to admit to skiving off from my bookshop today and letting the other people who work there get on with it.

The main objective being to finish off the sketch I started on Thursday.


Here it is, unfortunately no people on the beach as it was too windy, so I will probably go back and add some.

The next two sketches are from the new Costa Coffee which has an upstairs, eliminating the problem of someone parking in front of the window while I am trying to sketch.



Both of these are drawings are looking down Albion Street at the Albion Hotel, Posillipo Italian Restaurant, Prezzo Restaurant and so on, I may go back and colour it in.


Here is a photo for the art critics.


I did buy a reasonable local book for my bookshop which more than paid for lunch and the bus fair £2.30 it would have been cheaper to drive, which is stupid, anyway the book Memorials of the Goodwin Sands, here is the link to some sample pages. http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/GoodwinSands/


2 comments:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.