Sunday 29 March 2015

A Pen and Ink sketch inside Canterbury Cathedral, some books for my bookshop in Ramsgate and a minor ramble

A wet and windy day shopping in Canterbury


Here is the pen and ink sketch of inside Canterbury Cathedral, I guess I would need a bigger pad than the A4 one I took with me and a lot more time than I had today (about an hour)


Here is a photo for the art critics who read this blog.

Onto the books I bought for my bookshop, all the pictures should expand if clicked on, and





the books should be in stock by tomorrow apart from: A Relation of the Voyage to Siam: Performed by Six Jesuits Sent by the French King to the Indies and China in the Year 1685, which I intend to read before putting it into stock.  

On to a few photos of Canterbury, if "A Relation of the Voyage to Siam: Performed by Six Jesuits Sent by the French King to the Indies and China in the Year 1685" can be Englished as it says on the title page then I guess in this instance Her most gracious Majesty (in the photo above) can be described as stoned.  






There was some talk of ducklings and swans in the car going there, part of a song was sung and so on so here are today’s Durovernum Cantiacorum anas sunsualis, type of thing.  

Back to A Relation of the Voyage to Siam: Performed by Six Jesuits Sent by the French King to the Indies and China in the Year 1685, from the illustrations I think these monks may have overdone the ginseng.





1 comment:

  1. Yep I agree completely stoned I read a few paragraphs and wished I had not bothered. Good luck with reading that one. Cut the illustrations and post them on ebay or is that a no no for a book dealer?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.