Sunday, 29 March 2015

A Pen and Ink sketch inside Canterbury Cathedral, some books for my bookshop in Ramsgate and a minor ramble

A wet and windy day shopping in Canterbury


Here is the pen and ink sketch of inside Canterbury Cathedral, I guess I would need a bigger pad than the A4 one I took with me and a lot more time than I had today (about an hour)


Here is a photo for the art critics who read this blog.

Onto the books I bought for my bookshop, all the pictures should expand if clicked on, and





the books should be in stock by tomorrow apart from: A Relation of the Voyage to Siam: Performed by Six Jesuits Sent by the French King to the Indies and China in the Year 1685, which I intend to read before putting it into stock.  

On to a few photos of Canterbury, if "A Relation of the Voyage to Siam: Performed by Six Jesuits Sent by the French King to the Indies and China in the Year 1685" can be Englished as it says on the title page then I guess in this instance Her most gracious Majesty (in the photo above) can be described as stoned.  






There was some talk of ducklings and swans in the car going there, part of a song was sung and so on so here are today’s Durovernum Cantiacorum anas sunsualis, type of thing.  

Back to A Relation of the Voyage to Siam: Performed by Six Jesuits Sent by the French King to the Indies and China in the Year 1685, from the illustrations I think these monks may have overdone the ginseng.





1 comment:

  1. Yep I agree completely stoned I read a few paragraphs and wished I had not bothered. Good luck with reading that one. Cut the illustrations and post them on ebay or is that a no no for a book dealer?

    ReplyDelete

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.