Tuesday 3 March 2015

Bloggers block and a few sketches of authors and other stuff from my sketchbook.

Sorry about the lack of posts at the moment, they don’t seem to be coming out in the usual way, this is partly a matter of inclination and partly due to being busy.



 Here are the author sketches, based on the photos at http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ for any aspiring art critics. The sheets are A4 and part of my trying to get likenesses into small faces when I am out sketching this summer.

Not really sure if this is going to work, I think the main issue is about extending memory of faces that one isn’t familiar with related to the problems produced because people move.  
 This one was in The Churchill Tavern Ramsgate the other evening.
 And this one in Vinyl Head Ramsgate on Sunday

I guess no Thanet blog post is complete without reference to the latest airport news so here is the link http://www.riveroakinvestments.co.uk/riveroak-investments-save-manston-airport-manston-present-reliever-airport-case-prime-minister/#more-904

I have switched the blog to registered users only because of the amount of spam comments recently. 

I guess the main local news that interested me this week is that The Marlowe Academy having only had a new intake of 32 new pupils and the total number of pupils there now under 700 is to merge with Ellington and Hereson School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.