Sunday, 26 April 2015

A drawing of Canterbury Cathedral, a painting of Canterbury and a ramble from the bookshop in Ramsgate.

As it was a dull damp and drizzly day we made for Canterbury, on days like this my children like to look in the clothes shops.

Buying a few books along the way I made for Café Chambers, as far as I know the only case or restaurant in Canterbury which has a table with a view of the cathedral, having secured the table by devious means



here is the pen drawing of the Canterbury Cathedral


and a photograph of the same view for aspiring art critics. To be honest there is a lot of repetition in the architecture of this bit of the cathedral, which can be a bit boring to draw, there are also strange variations which catch you out.


Having sat for far to long I went and wandered around mostly in the cathedral grounds and took a few photos.








At this point I realised that I wanted to do the other view from Canteen, i.e. looking out of the same window as last Sunday http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/a-pen-and-ink-sketch-of-sun-hotel-in.html but looking the other way along the street.


So here is the painting from Canteen in Canterbury.



Here are the books bought today in Canterbury for my bookshop in Ramsgate, I always seem to need Tintin, Asterix and books about almost every Kent town. Obviously most of my book stock I brought to my bookshop by people who want to sell it or get exchange vouchers so they can get more books and a certain amount comes from my going out to buy largish collections from people’s houses, mostly because a book collector has died. This means that when I go out, the books I buy tend to be to make up the ones we never seem to have enough of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.