Sunday 10 May 2015

Painting of Canterbury from outside Canteen and possible ramble

Here is the Watercolour and pen sketch from the table outside Canteen, I did this on half a sheet from my sketch pad so the original is about A5, part of the idea being that it should appear about the same size on the blog post, unless of course you click on it to expand it.


Here is a photo for the art critics out there


And here a picture of Canteen, a Canterbury café that comes highly recommended, the upstairs room being a good place to retire to, good food good atmosphere.


I had a bit of a close call with a big lorry while painting, if I hadn’t moved my foot in I think I would have lost it. 

In the wake of the election there are some rather amusing tweets under Thanet was rigged here https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThanetRigged?src=hash

I am assuming the first stage with our new UKIP run council will be the councillors announcing who the new leader and cabinet members are.


The council members don’t really get paid enough for them to make being a senior councillor work as a full time job. All councillors get the £4,570 about £90 per week + allowances for the top jobs, chart will expand if clicked on 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.