Thursday, 16 July 2015

Painting of the harbour master's office in Broadstairs from Broadstairs Pavilion, Morrison’s in Ramsgate closes and I go to A&E at QEQM Hospital.

One of the issues that should be considered for the senior roller skater, is that on putting on reading glasses to operate a smart phone while skating, means the floor of the roller rink changes place and becomes all blurry. On previous skating occasions I had neither smart phone nor reading glasses, so this was a novel experience to me, which lead to me twisting my ankle.

By yesterday morning, my ankle looking something like a melon and certainly unsuitable for driving a car, I took the bus to QEQM casualty department to have it x-rayed, sketching Ramsgate Clock House while the bus stopped at the harbour.

The wait for triage was mercifully short, probably because of my arriving early in the day, so only a quick sketch of the casualty waiting area.  

The x-ray showed no major damage, this is a sketch of where I waited while it was processed, the patient in the chair on the right, not shown as after sketching the one on the left, I was asked not to sketch the patients – to protect patient confidentially, something I hadn't considered.

My thanks here to the staff at QEQM, for the excellent treatment I received. 

Sketching on moving busses is a bit of an acquired art, which I started to develop on the way back to Ramsgate.

Not being particularly ambulant today, I sat on the sundeck of Broadstairs Pavilion, where I began, this pen and watercolour sketch, looking towards the harbour master's office in Broadstairs.



some photos for aspiring art critics, which should expand if clicked on compulsively.

Morrison’s in Ramsgate have closed, something I guess I predicted when they opened in November 2013 http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/morrisons-retail-in-ramsgate-and-at.html
     
Finally, I wrote this blog post in the garden and this is a picture of a cat who came to help me write the post, he did the thinking and I did the writing. He must have an owner (someone he owns), but I don't know who they are. He has been giving me singing lessons, very helpful as I have never been able to sing.
The cat has now written the words out, he is that sort of cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.