Saturday, 24 October 2015

My most bizarre artistic experience at Turner Contemporary so far.

For some inexplicable reason my children wanted to go to Dreamland today, the ghost train has mentioned several times this evening, so while this is in no way a review of Dreamland as I didn’t go, it may be worth trying.

Being somewhat inconvenient, needing inspiration for a painting, a café with a view where one is allowed to vape, paint, get the old PG and chocolate cake, I made my way to Turner Contemporary.


I had lunch in the café and started this pen and watercolour sketch of Margate Lighthouse.


After I had got this far, I wandered into Margate and bought some books for my bookshop.

I got back to the gallery at about 4pm, thinking as the gallery closed at 5pm I had hour to paint.

I should have paid more attention to the signage in the gallery.



 At 4.35 an electrically powered blind descended obscuring the view, I asked the chap at the next table if has installed any unusual apps on hos phone recently and eventually asked the Cafe staff, the replied that it was because they were closing.

I explained that I needed to see the view because I was painting it, this fell on deaf ears, so I gave up and left.

I am now even more convinced that I am a painter and not an artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.