Monday, 16 November 2015

Books about Railway Trains, all in a days work.

Back to work today and I put on my anorak and processed railway books, I am interested in trains, published a book on the Ramsgate Railways, see http://michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/ramsgate_all_change.htm and the following links for some historical pictures of Ramsgate that I used in the book http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/rac/index.htm http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/rac/id2.htm
I’ve got about another hundred railway books to process and no other takers for the job.

Of course other books got possessed, here is the link to the pictures of the books we put out in the bookshop today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/a-pier-at-books-on-our-shelves.html and as you can see I didn’t do that much work today.


This is the view from my workstation, station being the operative word here. Back in the day when I misspent my youth trains ran on steam and once I managed to get away to boarding school, I travelled there by steam train. Breakfast on the train from Ramsgate to London and lunch on the train from London to Alton. So perhaps I have developed some sort of empathy with steam trains.

Anyway as the day wore on and I rubbed out old prices, dusted off the train books, covered the dust jackets with cellophane, looked them up on Amazon and pencilled prices a bit cheaper than the Amazon ones in the books, suddenly the shop filled up with a very strong smell of steam train.  

Frankly I thought the toys in my attic had finally come completely loose and I rather cautiously asked she who must be obeyed if she could smell steam train, like burning coal and long boiled kettle and yes she could, not just weird but positively wyrd.   



So I guess I haven’t gone off the rails, I am sitting at my desk with my lollypop, which is very like my workstation – the desk not the lollypop – typing up this blog post with Flat Eric invigilating, spelling grammar and content fails, wondering who the frog is – I don’t like to ask in case I should know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.