Sunday, 15 November 2015

How to paint a picture on a moving bus, painting Canterbury Cathedral form Chocolate Café and drawing women on busses.

My day off yesterday, which for the secondhand bookseller is always a bit of a busman’s holiday unless I take the bus which means I can’t carry loads of book home and do truly get a day off from my main job, buying and sellin books.

 So off I goes on the Canterbury bus and sketched the view from the  seat, this is a bit like adjusting the set, getting your hand in, so you can draw. Getting out of the the way of the bit between the bit of your brain that does art and the end of  the pen and brush; don't talk to me about pencils


 So I got to a sort of "Do not adjust your brain, reality is at fault." stage. And then what? Drew the girl in the next seat, When the bus arrived I the the rather embarrassing. "Please miss I just drew you." bit, which went fairly well and the drawing went in the phone. I then put as many people exiting the bus between subject and artist, in case I was mistaken for a senile perv with a bad pick up line and went of to Chocolate Cafe, for the view.


 Here is the watercolour painting of Canterbury Cathedral wot I am doin from there, where? Chocolate Cafe.

 Puttin detail in the middle bit.

Sketched some of the people in Chocolate cafe, couldn't get the words out and scurried off to the bus and got on the one going the wrong way, via Margate. Temporary insanity caused by art, what's the cure? Don't paint and draw? Exactly.

 Sat upstairs, front seat and tried to draw the view as the rain meant you couldn't see out of the window
It wasn't that good.


Changed buses in Margate and drew some ladies who being a bit older meant I didn't have to say anything much, they seemed pleased by the divertion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.