Thursday 19 November 2015

Painting the town of Sandwich and buying a useful manual - for flagellants - for my bookshop.

Here is the beginning of the watercolour painting of Sandwich Guildhall from the café over The Shop With No Name, I have added a 5p coin for scale in case anyone thinks that I am painting big pictures.


A photo for aspiring art critics.



Books Do Furnish A Room, don’t they? You know what is like when you go round to one your mates for a bevy and there is a beautiful bookcase, and then you approach it and the contents are boring boring boring and you think expletively. Don’t you? Particularly if the books are old ones, what? They should be knouted.


Flat Erick seemed very interested in this one and muttered something about, spare the rod and spoil the frog.





The C1880 edition will set you back about £15 or you could of course try kindling it, but this would mean you wouldn’t be able to display it on your bookshelves where your friends could see it, something that could lead to something else. 

I went on to buy Christmas underwear from M C Escher in Deal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.