Thursday 26 November 2015

Ramsgate Sprint Revival will not be going ahead for 2016 following a decision by Thanet District Council.


The Council has confirmed that land hire for the 2016 Ramsgate Sprint Revival dates has been granted to Lark in the Park, a community event provided by churches in Thanet. Despite an application for the 2016 sprint being made just 10 days after the 2015 event, senior management at the Council have confirmed that the decision has been made on a first come, first served basis and that consideration of community benefits was not part of the process.

Generally acclaimed as one of the best events in Ramsgate for many years, the Sprint Revival brought together a varied programme of attractions for all ages including the return to Ramsgate of vintage motorcycle sprinting, live music, fairground and Wall of Death motorcycle stunt show. The event can also be shown to have generated £350,000 for the economy.

Key to the success was a “window of opportunity” in the motorcycle calendar when the event could come together at the historic Ramsgate venue. Event organisers have been unable to find suitable alternative dates.

There is a petition on the TDC website  but with the signing on to the TDC website for me, having signed on the website said my sign on had failed but when I clicked on the link http://democracy.thanet.gov.uk/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?id=87 to sign on again I found I was actually signed on. I then got a message saying there was an unsupported plugin on the page, however it still let me sign the petition and confirmed that I had signed it.

I took a few pictures of the last sprint, which will expand if clicked on, feel free to use any you want to support this campaign, here is the link http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/a-few-more-photos-of-ramsgate.htmll

and http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/a-few-photos-of-ramsgate-motorcycle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.