Sunday 14 August 2016

Motorcycles in Ramsgate, watercolour painting in Ramsgate and Canterbury, photos and wosisnames

I started the day painting the Royal Temple Yacht club from The Oak Hotel in Ramsgate

  Like other things this was disappointingly small, if you click on it it will enlarge and you get a sort of Only Cow Girls thumb and a picture that may look worse as it will bigger than it is.
 On to Ramsgate Rev-up, I guess like me you notice lots of signs on roundabouts advertising classic vehicle events, but not for this one – frankly it doesn’t need them.
 



 The Indian Model H racing motorcycle would I guess date from date from around 1915 and would be capable speeds in excess of 100 mph, as it is a racing model it obviously has no brakes.


I took quite a few pictures at this event, they are a bit obsessive, I have owned and ridden quite a few motorcycles over the years and lusted after quite a few more.


Anyway here is the link to the photos, you can download the full definition versions and as far as I’m concerned do what you want with them https://goo.gl/photos/t9HZx5CRXFh9uYiT7

On to Canterbury this afternoon 
 I did a bit more to my watercolour from Chocolate Cafe 

bought some books for my bookshop and wound up having tea at Tea Curzon

If you can't get enough of this sort of bike click on the link at the bottom of the post that says Ramsgate Motorcycle Sprint 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.