Tuesday 2 August 2016

Ramsgate pictures all from one publication, can you date them?

One of the tricky problems with old pictures is putting a date to them. Most of the photos taken between 1850 and 1950 are postcards and don’t have dates on them, in some cases the same postcard can have postmarks with 25 years between the dates.


Anyway all of these come from the same booklet of Thanet views and I can definitely narrow the date down to within a five year period, so what do you reckon the dates are?

If viewing with pc or laptop click on the picture to expand it and then click on the expanded picture to get the maximum size, if using a phone or tablet touch the image and then expand it by puting your finger and thumb on it and moving them apart.









Here in my bookshop it has been very busy since the schools broke up, local history and dates being a major factor as you can see from the books going out on the shelves http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/men-at-arms-in-bookshop.html which I guess roughly equates to the books going out the door, or the shop would explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.