Saturday, 27 August 2016

Watercolour painting in Herne Bay and Whitstable a bookseller tries to skive

I had to go to Herne Bay to buy some books for my bookshop in Ramsgate today. Having done this I went to the bandstand for a cuppa.


Here is the watercolour sketch of Herne Bay Bandstand 




Then onto Whitstable, an interesting place to find a parking space on a bank holiday weekend.


I made for Wee Willie Winkles, bought prawn sarni, cuppa, muffin; the idea being to sit at one of their tables, eat lunch and paint Whitstable harbour.


At this point it all went wrong Wee Willie Winkles have closed their customer toilets, they pointed out that there were public ones in the town, however I was fairly inconvenient at this point, so no watercolour.


Next I thought I would go down to the beach and paint the view


I found a suitable place to sit, as you can see it was fortunate I had my blow up cushion.


The big blue splodge occurred when the blow up cushion blew up, it was a particularly loud bang, I would like to extend my apologies to Tyson and Tarkwin’s mother, who was sunbathing beside me.

When you are painting en plein air and things start going wrong, sometimes the best thing to do is quit, so no more skiving and so off to Oxford Street Bookshop

I did by some tram books, something we are a bit short of at the moment 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.