Saturday 27 August 2016

Watercolour painting in Herne Bay and Whitstable a bookseller tries to skive

I had to go to Herne Bay to buy some books for my bookshop in Ramsgate today. Having done this I went to the bandstand for a cuppa.


Here is the watercolour sketch of Herne Bay Bandstand 




Then onto Whitstable, an interesting place to find a parking space on a bank holiday weekend.


I made for Wee Willie Winkles, bought prawn sarni, cuppa, muffin; the idea being to sit at one of their tables, eat lunch and paint Whitstable harbour.


At this point it all went wrong Wee Willie Winkles have closed their customer toilets, they pointed out that there were public ones in the town, however I was fairly inconvenient at this point, so no watercolour.


Next I thought I would go down to the beach and paint the view


I found a suitable place to sit, as you can see it was fortunate I had my blow up cushion.


The big blue splodge occurred when the blow up cushion blew up, it was a particularly loud bang, I would like to extend my apologies to Tyson and Tarkwin’s mother, who was sunbathing beside me.

When you are painting en plein air and things start going wrong, sometimes the best thing to do is quit, so no more skiving and so off to Oxford Street Bookshop

I did by some tram books, something we are a bit short of at the moment 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.