Thursday 12 January 2017

The Sandwich watercolour sketch with No Name

The life of a secondhand bookseller involves looking at lots of books in different places, today it was the town’s of Deal and Sandwich, neither of which have general secondhand bookshops any longer.

I finished around half one in Sandwich, the Le Bistro over the No Name shop has about six tables next to upstairs windows all of which have reasonable views, the sketch took about an hour and has some issues with perspective I think.



I should have taken a reference picture, but forgot so I can’t tell exactly what I did wrong although photos don’t help as much as you might expect with painting things from life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.