Tuesday 14 February 2017

Valentines Day 1880 Ramsgate Panorama DIY



So my Valentines Day card to my readers here are, below the 6 component parts as produced in Victorian times, the object is to print them out and stick them up together in a line to make a panorama or a very long Valentines card







Recommend you click on them to expand them before printing for best quality.

So dating it, after 1860 as the railway station is there on the right and before the 1890s when the red brick arches were built, but the key here is that it says “The New Pier” and the pier was built 1879 to 1880 so I reckon the date is very close to 1880. 


Alternatively we also produce in booklet form in two different sizes  along with other pictures from the same date, so you can buy it and chop it up, here is the link to buy it online http://michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/id321.htm alternatively come intot he bookshop here in Ramsgate 

For the dedicated followers of the bookshop here are the pictures of the books we put out on the shelves today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/latest-stock-arrivals-in-bookshop.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.