Monday 13 March 2017

The Isle of Thanet Visitor’s Guide 1901, how to behave in the bookshop and out and about with me.

After a rather bizarre conversation today I should make if clear that I don’t mind if people spend a long time looking at the books and whether or not they actually buy one. I am also happy to find them something to sit on while the browse.

It’s been a long day with a very busy bookshop at times today, as you see if you click on the link to the photos quite a lot of books went on the shelves too http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/psychic-world-in-bookshop.html sorry if some of the photos are a bit blurry, I think they are all legible.

I think I’ve got that of me chest, complicated thing researching local history it attracts people to the bookshop who are just not used to using bookshops and frankly if you aren’t in a relaxed state of mind when faced with a multitude of local directories you are likely to make mistakes.

Come to think of it I don’t mind what you do on my various websites either, I decided that once something is shared online, it, to all intents and purposes, has become public property. So feel free to copy the pictures I put on the internet, use them for Christmas cards, put them on Facebook, pretend you took the photo painted the picture if you like.

So here is today’s featured book, here is the link should you wish to buy it online http://michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/id166.htm there are some more sample pages from a link on that page too.

And here are the pages from it   




 Originally cheap local guides often had printing quality that owes much to the potato, so we often enhance the images for printing the reprints













A few pictures of Ramsgate taken lunchtime today, here is the high def link for the panorama https://goo.gl/photos/uRSA6sGjtvvvVYje6












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.