Saturday, 27 May 2017

Margate Bank Holiday May Saturday 2017 Toast Turner Contemporary and Dreamland photos

I went to Margate today mainly to visit the new Turner Contemporary exhibition and to look at the newly reopened Dreamland.

I enjoyed both, so several significant art exhibitions in Turner Contemporary, Dreamland and Margate Old Town, I will try and do some sort of write up on them eventually. I particularly enjoyed the Michael Armitage exhibition in Turner Contemporary with its strong Impressionist influences both in style and colours and the Barry Kirk exhibition at Dreamland.

Here are the photos I too today, unedited from my camera card pasted straight onto my website.

As I arrived just before 10, the storm clouds were brewing


I got to the Turner Contemporary Café just in time, and this time I did get tea and toast for breakfast

Note the inverted Turner

note the toast



This lot is the Michael Armitage exhibition


more gallery


these were taken waling to Dreamland



next the Dreamland photos


and more Dreamland


this lot over lunch


and this lot back in the gallery café



2 comments:

  1. Excellent photos Michael, good to see the town so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man who writes his name in capital letters - Interesting?

    ReplyDelete

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.