Tuesday 6 June 2017

Ramsgate Maritime Museum is open again for 2017. Out and about in Ramsgate in February 2011, Whitstable maze and a brig in the harbour


 Brig Ramsgate Maritime Museum photos should expand if clicked on












Next the link to the 2011 out and about pictures Ramsgate and Deal

Title 1   |   Title 3   |   Title 4   |   Title 5   |   Title 6   |   Deal Feb 2011     |   Title 9   |   Title 10   |   Title 11   |   Title 12


Out and about with me photos, mostly Aphrodite Brigg as she is in the harbour this evening and Yorkshire tea in the Greek Arch Ramsgate. Once again just snaps, camera most suitable for longish range shots set on the second from lowest definition. This means the camera is fairly quick and digital zoom will give you the full definition when you need it. It also means that the camera’s image size is right for publishing directly to the internet by copying all of the pictures on the camera card and pasting it onto one webpage. Absolutely the wrong camera for me to be taking wide angle shots inside The Greek Arch with. I still haven’t mastered using a wide lens on this camera yet, so while it is easy to take pictures out through the glass door of the arch of the new pavilion roof and get them pretty much in focus, taking the inside of the café with available light is not so easy. 

One of the best pots of tea, Yorkshire which is my favourite, I’m a strong tea man, in the Greek Arch. Eventually I hope to get around to eating out there, at the moment though it’s homework keeping us in in the evenings.


Anyway here is the link to the photos http://michaelsbookshop.com/617ramsgate/id5.htm

I've been playing with different ways to publish photos on the www here is the link to some Whitstable ones  

here is the link to the books that went out in the bookshop 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.