Wednesday 5 July 2017

1929 Ramsgate dating

A bit of a strange one this which relates to one of the books I publish, The Official Ramsgate Guide for 1929, here is the link http://michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/ramsgate_official_guide_1929.htm

Apart from this period midway between the two world wars, which fascinates me I a sort of if history had gone another way, type of way.

Someone in the bookshop today was asking me about the wooden extensions built on the back of the Clock House aka Maritime Museum, I was fairly busy with customers at the time and just flicked through a few guides until I found this picture in the 1929 one and told the customer to do the same with other guides to get the time frame.



The printing of the original guide wasn’t up to much so the detail in the photos aren’t up to much, but interesting from a dating point of view.  








A few photos from the clifftop today, a large amount of starlings on the Pleasurama site, perhaps they know something we don’t http://michaelsbookshop.com/717/  

and this almost needs the caption "It was the soft gloopy stage I like the most

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.