Saturday 8 July 2017

Turner Contemporary Margate, the all day breakfast and of course pictures at the exhibition, possible ramble.

Having had a few issues with the change of menu at Turner Contemporary’s Café I can report the reintroduction and improvement of the all day breakfast in Margate with the stunning view.


I am a bit of a fan of Michael Armitage who does paintings based on the works of the French impressionists. I have to fess up that it really was copying Renoir sketches that taught me about drawing figures and started an interest in the French impressionists. Later seeing Magritte’s – for want of a better word, parodies of some Renoir’s paintings made me predisposed to appreciate Michael Armitage.


I wasn’t up to much painting being a bit wilted by the recent hot nites, knights or nights, drowsy or something. A couple of what you may kindly consider preparatory sketches from the café.

One done while I realised I could have arrived earlier and had toast, marmalade and view and another with the sos, bacon, egg and chips, discreetly presented as Turner Hash and looking healthy. During the interval I went into Margate and bought some bus books for my bookshop – a busman’s holiday?

The pictures here are from my mobile phone a bit unsorted as still a bit wilted from the heat which appears to have subsided.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.