Sunday 26 November 2017

Oh Yes It Is, exhibition at The Beaney in Canterbury. Some old photos of Canterbury, Ramsgate and Margate. A bit of sketching in Canterbury – ramble type of thing.

The pictures should expand when you click on them, copying with the photo balanced on the computer using the mobile phone isn't the best method I know and if anyone finds any of the pictures are a bit blury let me know and I will have another go. 
 Some have the dates on the back like this one 1952
 1962
 1956
 1962
nothing on the back of the Ramsgate one, however Ramsgate Festival of Light opened in 1949 I bought the pictures above in Herne Bay yesterday

This says service in Holy Trinity Church [Margate]

The, "Oh Yes It Is" exhibition at The Beaney in Canterbury is well worth a visit and it's free.





























I bought some books for the bookshop and this is the link to the ones that went on the shelves yesterday 
Including these two with their contemporary covers

did a bit of sketching in Chocolate Cafe
This one is a bit, spot the difference.

La Trappiste aka The Canterbury Belgian Cafe that closed, which was Deakin and Co is now going to be Deakin's - pub and kitchen












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.