Saturday 3 March 2018

Starfish on the beaches, Nice and warm at Wetherspoons in Ramsgate aka The Royal Victoria Pavilion, painting history pictures, Ramble.

Click on pictures to expand them.


If you want to paint a picture from life in reasonable comfort during the winter then your options are fairly limited. One of them is to find a window seat in a bar or café, this is much more difficult than you would expect. In the winter in Ramsgate Wetherspoon’s in Ramsgate does have some tables at windows that have a view of Ramsgate and this morning I managed to nab one. 

This was a balcony seat, the picture above shows the balcony in 1903
this one shows the balcony now with an arrow pointing to the window I was paining through taken today.

this is a picture of the same window that I took in 2010

So here are some pictures of postcards of the pavilion that I just happen to have lying around












Back to the watercolour wosisname 

as you may be able to see it didn't go very well
here is an outa winda piccy to 'elp aspiring art critics.

With the starfish on the beaches, I hear you asking is it sea star associated densovirus or is it weather related?  

Some Margate pictures next 



This one is the Boatmen.Flag Day (c1922)

Today it was lovely and warm in Wetherspoons 







I may add a bit more 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.