Wednesday 9 May 2018

Around 200 out and about photos of Ramsgate today and some shops and shopping thoughts.


Links to the photos first



Watching a charity shop volunteer today, who I think was a considerable age, fighting with a touch screen till that would have defeated many a 20 year old geek and considering that in the commercial world it just wouldn’t be viable to pay someone a living wage to waste a large proportion of their worktime I wondered just where the world of shops is heading.

As you can see I have been out learning more about how to use the Nikon P90 bridge camera, I think it will be some time before I naturally get the horizon horizontal, mainly because I mostly take snapshots. What I mean by this is that out and about I mostly set cameras on automatic, with the focus set on landscape and either don’t stop walking or stop very briefly to take the photos.

This sort of develops, as you get used to a camera, to snapping what interests you eye. If the light is fairly good then I seldom use a DSLR because it is the type of camera most emulated by mobile phone cameras. Based on the SLR film camera which came along because they fitted 35mm movie film the SLR concept is better suited to film than a digital sensor.    

My underlying idea here is to produce strips of pictures which would have been difficult or impossible to take with your phone.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.