Saturday 30 June 2018

Old photos; Winterstoke Gardens in Ramsgate and some Margate gardens: new photos Ramsgate and Whitstable today, bit of sketching, couple of Ramsgate exhibitions

Gardening is closed book to me, I decided years ago that when I went downstairs I wanted a bookshop, but first some old local garden pictures









Art

York Street Gallery in Ramsgate, The current exhibition is Kate Willis-Crowley
The exhibition runs 27th June - 4th July
Gallery open normal hours.
Here are the photos






Nice Things Harbour Street Ramsgate,
Here are the photos








I went to Whitstable today

 Painted from the balcony of The Horsebridge Arts Centre 

Genuine P.G. Tips and not unnamed English Breakfast Tea from the European tea mountian, I will go back until the painting is done
Photos of Whitstable today here is the link to them unedited from my camera card

The Mitre gates seem to have gone in and the entrance to the inner basin of Ramsgate Harbour seems to have been completely closed by the huge barge with the crane on. Both Wetherspoons and the cafe culture were very busy wen I went for my walk this evening

Here is the link to the Ramsgate camera photos, a few from yesterday but most from today

Ramsgate is busier this June we are selling more books than last June, both Wetherspoons and the cafe culture seem busy

We ate at the Green Tara aka Belgian Cafe last night, probably soon the Green Goddess, the food was very good.

Sorry to cram so much in one post but I'm busy at the moment 

Finally this is the link to the books that went out in the bookshop yesterday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.