Monday 11 June 2018

Ramsgate Model Village Agricultural Show, a Margate fire in 1882 and is it Margate?

I do have a few model village photos, here are a couple of links to more Link 1     Link 2  Well I hope I got that right as I have had a difficult computer day 
A bit hard to work out everything going on here, the photo should expand if you click on it 

 I think these two are Thanet and probably Margate, answers on a postcard?
Update  Whitehead Edward S & Sons shipping agents 44 Northdown Road Cliftonville
the usual eclectic batch of books in the bookshop today, here is the link 

 It does look as though Mt. Pleasurama is being spread out to form a flat area
 I have high hopes for a funfair

I had a sneak preview inside The Green Tara aka Belgian Cafe better pictures on their Facebook page, this is the link to it

The main observation is that the it is smaller, the back part under the two Regency/Georgian houses is no longer part of it and the kitchen has gone meaning all of the cooking is to be done on the bar. Should be open around the coming weekend.

On the Manston front, the council has put forward a plan to preserve Manston for the proposed airfreight hub by allocating the housing sites in other parts of Thanet this is the link to the news article 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.