Sunday 22 July 2018

Old photos of Ellington Park, day in Folkestone and sorry about the carnival

The old Ellington Park photos should expand fairly well if you click on them

Sundays tend to run along the lines of family decisions and the compromise on a hot day like today hangs between shopping and a fairly cool coastal town.
 Back when I was a teenager Ramsgate was a good shopping town, in the 1960s I don't think there was anything much to choose between Ramsgate and Canterbury shops.
 Anyway keeping it to around an hour each way in the car, this means Folkestone.
 Doing Ramsgate or Margate along with Westwood Cross just doesn't work
 I'm afraid we missed Ramsgate carnival altogether, you can't be in two places at once
 As things are I think the noise would have been too much for my tinnitus, so no carnival photos this year and I am sorry about that.

















 I have just tried to work out if there are any repeats among the photos, sorry if there are.

There had been some talk of swimming, however there were a lot of jellyfish, so that didn't happen.

I did a bit more to my watercolour sketch over a pot of tea from outside Chocolate Cafe, then we wandered around what was the old railway ferry terminal but is now well along the revamp road to being a major tourist attraction.

This is the link to the photos on my camera card 

The bookshop gets busier at this time of year, this year even busier than usual as more bookshops have closed and the prices of individual books are still mostly very low.

This is the link to the books we put out yesterday 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.