Thursday 2 August 2018

A few historic Thanet photos

 These should expand if clicked on, I think this one is of the Empire Bandstand so before the one we have now which dates from the late 1920s
 I suppose the photos speak for themselves, saying different things to different people 




 This one is of the lido in Cliftonville Margate during the 1953 tidal surge storm

Link to the books we put out in the bookshop yesterday

I spent a fair amount of today trying to get a better camera, this wasn't really successful - however I learnt a lot about digital cameras. I think the main thing being that when it comes to electronic technology, cameras, phones, computers, TVs - we have come to a bit of an improvement slowdown or stop.

My own take on this is that as we are so much interlinked with technology and to an extent the improvement in technology from about 1995 to 2012 and it is looking to me like not much improvement from 2012 to 2018 there may be some serious implications.

Next various attempts to take a photo of the inside of a mask so it doesn't look like the outside, this is fairly easy to do if you show part of the real outside, and part of my interest in optical illusions, all of the photos below are of the inside, back of the same mask, they should all expand if you clcik on them













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.