The first picture obviously Broadstairs looks to me to be around the 1920s but this is only a guess.
The next one is the Cameo Cinema 127 North down road cliftonville Margate. This opened in 1912 and closed in 1969.
The next one is Ramsgate fish market that is pretty much opposite the clock House in Ramsgate Harbour.
The next one The Hippodrome Theatre in Cecil Square Margate it says 1969.
The next one The Picturehouse that was 59 to 61 Ramsgate High Street. This opened in 1920 closed in 1958 the building is now Thanet Bedz and the building still has some of the original features upstairs.
The last one this is what started out as The Marina Theatre opening originally in 1877 it started showing films in 1908. Later it became Nero's nightclub.
Looking at the pictures I think there is a fair amount of local entertainment and cinemas. Here at Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate we usually have a variety of books on this subject so you can always come and have a browse if you want further information.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.