Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Punch and Judy Broadstairs Folk Week

Ramsgate Sands August 1952, do you recognise yourself or anyone else in the photo? Given the dates the children in the photo would be about 80 now. I have just bought the photos over the counter here at Michael’s Bookshop in Ramsgate and was very pleased that they have the date on them. I will also put them on my thanetonline blog where they will probably expand a bit bigger with a bit of clicking etc.
We went to Broadstairs Folk Week yesterday so I will also try to put a video from that here, I don't know how that will work out.
I also added a couple of Margate Punch and Judy photos while I was waiting for the video to post. and a broadstairs one from 2019






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.